Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday (27)--Into the Wild Nerd Yonder by Julie Halpern


Release Date: September 29, 2009 from Feiwel & Friends

Synopsis:

It’s Jessie’s sophomore year of high school. A self-professed “mathelete,” she isn’t sure where she belongs. Her two best friends have transformed themselves into punks and one of them is going after her longtime crush. Her beloved older brother will soon leave for college (and in the meantime has shaved his mohawk and started dating . . . the prom princess!) . . .

Things are changing fast. Jessie needs new friends. And her quest is a hilarious tour through high-school clique-dom, with a surprising stop along the way—the Dungeons and Dragons crowd, who out-nerd everyone. Will hanging out with them make her a nerd, too? And could she really be crushing on a guy with too-short pants and too-white gym shoes?

If you go into the wild nerd yonder, can you ever come back?


I think this sounds fantastic and I can't wait to read it. I also really love the cover. There's just something about it that draws me in. I will definitely be investing in this one come September. Luckily that's not too far away.

Can't wait to see what everyone else is waiting for this week.

Waiting on Wednesday is brought to you by Jill over at Breaking the Spine.

5 comments:

  1. I love this cover! That dress is adorable in a Sound Of Music / My Fair Lady sort of way, although I'm not sure how that applies to "the wild nerd yonder."

    But the premise sounds adorable with a capital A :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really looking forward to reading this one as well... It looks really funny and cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think GreenBeanTeenQueen reviewed that. She said it was great and it looks fantastic!

    -Briana

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just reviewed that one yesterday! And it was full or nerdy goodness-LOVED it! I hope you get your hands on a copy and be sure to tell me what you think when you do!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to read this one. I'm a nerd myself :)

    ReplyDelete