Saturday, August 29, 2009

In My Mailbox (27)

I had a rawther awesome week this week and I can't wait to share my mailbox goodies with you all.

First things first, In My Mailbox is brought to you by The Story Siren.

For Review:

Emily & The Silent King by Irven Keppen

Release Date: Available Now from CreateSpace

Synopsis:

From his dark tower in the far north, the Silent King sends forth his foul armies. His minions are quickly spreading throughout the lands of Midralon, bringing fear and terror. His dark magic is powerful and his armies mighty, but the Silent King has one weakness. According to an ancient prophecy, one simple word can defeat the evil tyrant, but no one knows this word and the Silent King slays any who dare to speak in his presence! None of this matters to Emily; she doesn't know how she ended up in this strange land along with her sister and two brothers. Her only desire is to get her family safely back home to their own world. There is just one problem: it appears her only way back will lead to an encounter with the sinister Silent King himself! Join Emily as she adventures in the enchanting land of Midralon!

Karma For Beginners by Jessica Blank

Release Date: Available Now from Hyperion

Synopsis:

Fourteen-year-old Tessa has never had a normal life. Her mother, a frustrated hippie with awful taste in men, has seen to that. But when her mom pulls her out of school to live at an ashram in the Catskills, Tessa goes from being a freak among normal people to being an outcast among freaks. Freaks who worship an orange robe-wearing guru. And while her mom is buzzing with spiritual energy, and finding a little too much favor with the guru, all Tessa feels are weird vibes.

Unless she's with Colin, the gorgeous boy who fixes trucks for the ashram. The connection they share is the most spiritual thing Tessa has ever felt. But he's older-like illegally older-and Tessa's taking dangerous risks to spend time with him. Soon her life is blooming into a psychedelic web of secrets and lies and it's clear that something's about to give way. When it does, will she have anyone to hold on to? Will she even know herself?

Revelations abound in this mind-altering novel from the acclaimed author of Almost Home.


Max by James Patterson

Release Date: Available Now from Little, Brown

Synopsis:

Maximum Ride and the other members of the Flock have barely recovered from their last arctic adventure, when they are confronted by the most frightening catastrophe yet. Millions of fish are dying off the coast of Hawaii and someone—or something—is destroying hundreds of ships. Unable to discover the cause, the government enlists the Flock to help them get to the bottom of the disaster before it is too late.

While Max and her team are exploring the depths of the ocean, their every move is being carefully tracked by Mr. Chu—a criminal mastermind with his own plans for the Flock. Can they protect themselves from Mr. Chu's army of mercenaries and save the ocean from utter destruction?

A James Patterson Pageturner
In the spirit of the most enduring hit movies and books, James Patterson has written this story for readers from ten to a hundred and ten. Special care has been taken with the language and content of MAXIMUM RIDE 5.


Goth Girl Rising by Barry Lyga

Release Date: October 19, 2009 from Houghton Mifflin

Synopsis:

Time is a funny thing in the hospital. In the mental ward. You lose track of it easily.

After six months in the Maryland Mental Health Unit, Kyra Sellers, a.k.a. Goth Girl, is going home. Unfortunately, she's about to find out that while she was away, she lost track of more than time. Kyra is back in black, feeling good, and ready to make up with the only person who's ever appreciated her for who she really is.

But then she sees him. Fanboy. Transcended from everything he was into someone she barely recognizes.

And the anger and memories come rushing back.

There's so much to do to people when you're angry.

Kyra's about to get very busy.

Purchased: (I went a little crazy!!)

The Fat Girl by Marilyn Sachs
The Sky Always Hears Me and the Hills Don't Mind by Kristin Cronn-Mills
Tricks by Ellen Hopkins
Another Faust by Daniel & Dina Nayeri
Rampant by Diana Peterfreund
As You Wish by Jackson Pearce
Shutter Island by Dennis Lehane
Every Soul a Star by Wendy Mass
My Big Fat Manifesto by Susan Vaught
The Evolution of Calpurnia Tate by Jacqueline Kelly
Meridian by Amber Kizer
The White Queen by Philippa Gregory


I also bought a Blu-Ray player, which I am a tad bit in love with. It makes my movies so pretty and drool-worthy. I can't wait until Tuesday when I can buy Supernatural Season 4 on Blu-Ray. Winchesters in Hi-Def is heavenly!!!

Can't wait to see what everyone else got this week.

19 comments:

  1. WOW! Amazing week this week! Congrats! Happy reading! I hope you enjoy!
    Reggie :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You bought some really great books. Hope you enjoy everything you got.

    ~Briana

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my god! I love Supernatural... my boyfriend and I watch it every week!! I LOVE DEAN (don't tell my boyfriend ;) )! I can't wait until Season 5 starts... should be soon I think!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! I LOVE Supernatural!!!

    You got a lot of great books this week. Karma for Beginners and Goth Rising sound interesting. *add to wishlist* Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at the list of purchased book, amazing~!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Karma For Beginners sounds amazing! And wow, that's a lot of books! I wish I had money to go crazy like that! Haha, happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband always thinks I buy too many books at one time(4! OMG!) so I should show him these posts and prove to him that I am relatively safe compared to the rest of you. heehee!!

    You have a unicorn-ish theme going on! Ok, well, two books, but still! ;) GREAT week for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you bought a TON of books! I love seeing other book obsessed bloggers who can't help buying books. It makes me feel much better about my purchasing sprees. Enjoy your books!! (I bought The White Queen too! Yay!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great books! I hope you enjoy Max by James Patterson. It's one of my favorite books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You got a ton of great books this week, including a few that I need to buy myself! I've been thinking of getting Shutter Island, but I'm not sure if I should see the movie first. Happy reading

    ReplyDelete
  11. lol, well, this was a GREAT week for buying books! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Karma For Beginners looks really good ^^

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am loving Maximum Ride. It took me a while to get into the first in the series but now I'm bird-human obsessed. Max is yet another thrilling non-stop adventure.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Karma for Beginners does look really good...I cannot wait to see your reviews on everything!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great week! Midralon is awesome, I hope you enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Karma for beginners sounds really good and you bought a lot of books this week. I'm dying to read Meridian and Rampant!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I bought Tricks this week too. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete