Sunday, August 23, 2009

39 Clues Book 5: The Black Circle by Patrick Carman


Release Date: Available Now from Scholastic!!!

Synopsis:

WHERE ARE AMY AND DAN CAHILL? The two kids were last seen in Egypt, hunting for one of the 39 Clues that could make them the most powerful people on earth. But no one has seen the siblings since. Has the ruthless Irina Spasky finally tracked them down? Or worse . . . the Madrigals?

No one knows where the Clue hunt leads next. But one thing is certain – Book 5 is gearing up to be Dan and Amy’s most dangerous adventure yet.


I love this series!!! It remains, after 5 books, exciting, interesting and compulsively readable. Not to mention that this particular entry in the series is written by Patrick Carman, who is one of my favorite authors. I've been waiting for his contribution to the clues and I was not disappointed.

I love racing around the world with Amy and Dan. Each book takes me to a new locale, that I can't wait to visit. Each book is also interspersed with tidbits of history that I find fascinating.

Book 5 creates even more questions about who the kids can and cannot trust. People who they've relied on suddenly become suspect, and they must fend for themselves once again. I eagerly await each new entry in this series, which for me is saying something. Usually I get bored with a series after 5 books, but not this one. I am looking as forward to Book 6 as to anything else on my wishlist.

If you haven't picked these up yet, you just might want to. It's early enough to still get into the game.

4 comments:

  1. Nice! I have not heard of this series. It looks great. I should pick this up for my son. Glad you posted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the lovely review Carrie - this book was a blast to write. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I skipped over this review because I've only read the 1st and it was WICKED good!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just bought this one - I love the series!

    ReplyDelete