Monday, December 7, 2009

Karin the Librarian's Holiday Break Reading Challenge

Holiday Break Reading Challenge

I've never partaken of a challenge before and I think it's high time I did. What better challenge than one I can complete during my winter break from school. Two glorious weeks of movie watching and book reading. Yay!! This is my first year in a school and I plan to take full advantage of every break I get. Plus, this is a great way to catch up on all those review books that glare at me from my bookshelves and make me all guilty-feeling.

Here's the info straight from Karin herself:

1) Anyone can participate. I'm focusing on teachers and students, but if you want to cram a little extra reading in during the holiday season, please join us.


2) The Reading Challenge is designed to be self-paced. I will ask for you to set a goal for the number of books you want to read, but if you don't reach the goal - no big deal. This is for fun.


3) You don't have to provide a list of books you plan to read in advance. You can, but it isn't required. My mood determines what I read so I usually don't stick to a list. If I can't do it, I don't want to force others to do it.


4) The Holiday Break Reading Challenge corresponds with my time off from school. So, it starts on Friday, December 18, 2009 and ends on Sunday, January 3rd, 2010 at Midnight.


5) I'll have a section set up on the blog for reviews. Please link your reviews of the books you complete during the challenge.


6) Everyday there a new "Challenge" will be posted. These "Challenges" are designed to help you get to know other bloggers, talk about what you are reading, and share information about books. A new Mr. Linky (if I can figure it out) will be used in each post to record everyone's responses.


7) HERE IS THE BIG ONE! At least one prize will be given out everyday during the Reading Challenge. This might be a book, a bookmark, or other swag. No specifics lined up yet.


8) Be sure to follow the Reading Challenge on Twitter. New challenges and prize information will be announced there, too.


9. Grab the button to put on your blog.


So, it's time to decide if you want to participate. A Mr. Linky widget will be added to this post soon. I'll send out a Twitter message to notify people they can sign up. Also, spread the word. Tell your friends. Let's get a large group together to share holiday reading with this season.


This comes straight from the new blog that Karin set up specifically for this challenge. You can find said blog, here. You can also get updates from Twitter as well, here.

I'm still trying to decide what I want to read, but once I do, I'll post a list. So, come on, let's spend the holidays reading!!!

1 comment:

  1. Carrie - Thanks so much for joining the Holiday Break Reading Challenge. I'm getting very excited. Be sure to visit the site to check out the Prize List.

    Karin

    ReplyDelete