Thursday, December 31, 2009

Carrie's 2009 Top Books

These are in no particular order and it's actually really hard to choose just a few, because I tend to love most things that I read. I'll give it a try though.



Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl



Ballads of Suburbia by Stephenie Kuehnert



The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan



Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta



Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater



Numbers by Rachel Ward



Devil's Kiss by Sarwat Chadda



The Demon King by Cinda Williams Chima



Academy 7 by Anne Osterlund

A couple of these I just read this last week and Rampant would totally be on this list, but I haven't finised it yet. There were so many more books I loved, but these are the stand outs. I think 2010 is going to be an even more excellent year in YA and I for one can't wait!!

7 comments:

  1. Nice list... I assume...
    I haven't read any of those! :(
    but they are all definitely on my tbr list.

    My 2009 Tops list is here if you're interested. :)

    ~Aye.Me?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! I've only read Shiver.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ballads of Suburbia has a great cover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really want to read NUMBERS. I love THE FOREST OF HANDS AND TEETH, BEAUTIFUL CREATURES, and SHIVER. I loved the trilogy by Cinda Chima Williams (The Warrior Heir, The WIzard Heir, and The Dragon Heir)
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Creatures is a favorite of many, it seems! And I really need to read Shiver. I'm putting it on hold at the library right now...Happy New Year! (:

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still haven't read Shiver, but everyone LOVES it.

    ReplyDelete