Sunday, December 27, 2009

Give Up the Ghost by Megan Crewe


Release Date: Available Now from Henry Holt & Company

Source: From Publisher

Synopsis:

Cass McKenna much prefers ghosts over “breathers.” Ghosts are uncomplicated and dependable, and they know the dirt on everybody…and Cass loves dirt. She’s on a mission to expose the dirty secrets of the poseurs in her school.

But when the vice president of the student council discovers her secret, Cass’s whole scheme hangs in the balance. Tim wants her to help him contact his recently deceased mother, and Cass reluctantly agrees.

As Cass becomes increasingly entwined in Tim’s life, she’s surprised to realize he’s not so bad—and he needs help more desperately than anyone else suspects. Maybe it’s time to give the living another chance….



I really enjoyed this one. It wasn't what I was expecting, which made me like it even more. I loved that Cass was a flawed character who didn't always make the right decisions. Who wouldn't want to have some secret way to get back at all the creeps at school? Count me in.

What interested me the most was her relationship with Tim. It was cool to see to people who you think you have all figured out, totally get turned on their heads. I like when authors take a story and their characters in a different direction than you might expect.

I'm hoping that this is the first in a series, because there's so much more I'd like to learn about Cass. She's a rich character with a lot more story to tell. And Megan Crewe is a talented new author who I hope to see a lot more from.

Check it out, you won't be disappointed!

And you can find out more about Megan here.

7 comments:

  1. I agree, Give Up the Ghost is a lovely novel. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally impressed by the premise . I want to read this book

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love this book really much. Nice to know you enjoyed it too ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read this book and I loved it too and i really hope there is a sequel!

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great premise, great review! This is definitely moving up on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is on my TBR list. It sounds really neat!

    ReplyDelete