Saturday, December 12, 2009

In My Mailbox (40)--Wow!! The Big 4-0!! Woo Hoo!!! (Exclamation Point City!!!)

As always, In My Mailbox is brought to you by Kristi, AKA The Story Siren.

Got a couple books, bought a couple books...all in all a good week.

For review:

Dream Girl by Lauren Mechling

Release Date: Available Now from Delacorte Books for Young Readers

Synopsis:

Claire Voyante has been having strange visions ever since she can remember. But the similarity between her name and her talents is purely coincidental. The name is French and unlike the psychics on TV, she can’t solve crimes or talk to the dead.

But that all changes on Claire’s 15th birthday, when her grandmother gives her something a little more extraordinary than one of her old cocktail dresses: a strange black-and-white onyx cameo on a gold chain. It’s not long before Claire’s world becomes a whole lot clearer. And a whole lot more dangerous.


Dream Life by Lauren Mechling


Release Date: January 12, 2010 from Delacorte Books for Young Readers

Synopsis:

Claire Voyante's first semester at Henry Hudson High School was eventful, to say the least. As she heads into her second semester, things are calming down a bit. But Claire has a few secrets that are getting harder to keep. Her biggest secret of all? The onyx and ivory cameo necklace her grandmother gave her for her 15th birthday. Ever since she started wearing it, her dreams have been coming to her in black and white and turning out to be oddly prophetic.

Becca’s been hanging out with her old prep school friends and never seems to have time for Claire anymore. And soon, Claire discovers why—there’s a secret group of society girls with a mysterious identity. And, turns out, a mysterious enemy who’s out to get them. The second she sniffs out trouble, Claire jumps on the case. But is it someone close to Claire who’s in danger again—or could it be Claire herself whose life is at stake?


Thank you, thank you Lauren and Random House for sharing these two titles with me. I can't wait to read the, in fact, they are now next in the pile.

Purchased:

Books

Fallen by Lauren Kate
The Youngest Templar: Keeper of the Grail by Michael P. Spradlin
Monster Squad, Book 3: The Beast With 1000 Eyes


DVDs

Brokeback Mountain (Blu-Ray)
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (Blu-Ray)
The Tudors--Season 2

8 comments:

  1. I also got Dream Girl/Dream Life this week. I plan on starting them tomorrow. And yay for getting Fallen- that's definitely on my wish-list. Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both books look good. Hope you enjoy them :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome books you got this week, they all look really good. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great books, I hope you enjoy them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These books sound fab, I saw them on Lauren Olivers blog and she recommended them, might have to purhcase them myself :-) Oh and I got Harry Potter on DVD too, was so excited on Monday when it was released.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the look of those Lauren Mechling books, and definitely need to add them to my wishlist like now. Loved Fallen too. Seriously good week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They sounds really good. They reming me of The Gemma Doyle Trilpgy actually!!!! HAppy Reading!!!
    P.S. I would fit in so well in exclamation point city!!!
    Chioma

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to read "Fallen". It was on my Christmas list, so hopefully I will be reading it soon! I also love Tudors!
    But the REAL reason I am here is to let you know that I gave you an award on my blog! http://www.abookdork.com/2009/12/honest-scrap-award.html

    ReplyDelete