Monday, December 14, 2009

Just Grace and the Snack Attack Tour Stop!!



Release Date: December 14, 2009 from Houghton Mifflin Books for Children

Source: From Publisher

Synopsis:

After reading this new book about Just Grace you will know how to . . .
1. turn your favorite potato chips into a tasty chipwich.
2. draw and fold up your very own zine, which is a cool little book made from only one piece of paper.
3. look for and use the special powers of the wish chip.
This book will not help you know how to . . .
1. do fancy hairstyles for your cat.
2. make a flower garden in your room.
3. bake a four- or even five-layer cake.
But this book might make you feel a little bit hungry, and if it does, then you will know you are having a “snack attack” just like Grace!

Move over Judy Moody, Amber Brown and Clementine, there's a new spunky third grader on the block! Learn more about Just Grace at www.justgracebooks.com


Grace is fabulous!! I've been reading a lot more books for younger readers lately, so I was delighted when this one was offered to me. It's a quick read interspered with adorable eye-catching illustrations.

Grace is an everykid who is struggling with friendship issues, parent issues, and all those other everyday dramas that kids face daily. What Grace has though is a wonderful imagination and a whole lot of moxie. She's that charming kid that you can't help but smile at.

I don't know why I never picked up this series before. This is the 5th book in the series and I bought the first as soon as I finished this one. I think the kids in my school would love this series and I can't wait to introduce it to them. Grace is the kind of character who I would enjoy seeing my students look up to. She's creative, kind, and really quite hilarious.

This would be a perfect gift for those kids in your life who love to read, love to laugh, and love to be creative!!

You can find more information about Charise and her books here.


Here's the list of all the stops on the Just Grace Tour:



The Hungry Readers

Our Big Earth

All About Children’s Books

Looking Glass Reviews

Fireside Musings

Green Bean Teen Queen

KidzBookBuzz.com

Book Crumbs

My Own Little Corner of the World

Reading is My Superpower

Never Jam Today

The 160 Acre Woods

Carrie’s YA Bookshelf

Everyday Reading

Cafe of Dreams

2 comments:

  1. Aww...this looks cute! Could be another option for those that have read the Moody Judy series and are in need of more material! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete