Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday (9)--Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink


Ooooo....I can't wait for this one. Here's the scoop...

Sixteen-year-old Lia Milthorpe and her twin sister Alice have just become orphans, and, as Lia discovers, they have also become enemies. The twins are part of an ancient prophecy that has turned generations of sisters against each other. To escape from a dark fate and to remain in the arms of her beloved boyfriend James, Lia must end the prophecy before her sister does. Only then will she understand the mysterious circumstances of her parents' deaths, the true meaning of the strange mark branded on her wrist, and the lengths to which her sister will go to defeat her. Debut novelist Michelle Zink takes readers on an unforgettable journey where one sister's fateful decision could have an impact of Biblical proportions.

This sounds amazing and it's the first in a series, so yay to that. I am really looking forward to this book and look at that cover, it's so awesome. If anyone has a copy they'd like to part with let me know. I would be stoked. Yes...I just used the word stoked.

Waiting on Wednesday was created by Jill and we love her for it.

13 comments:

  1. That sounds quite interesting. Though the cover kins of creeps me out... >.>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, a series? The things I hear about this book get better and better! I can't wait either. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. everyone keeps telling me how amazing this book is and I really want to read it. I am definitely waiting too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sound like my twin girls on a bad day! No seriously it sounds really good, though I wonder whether I would leave it lying around in my house with my two - I wouldn't want them to get any ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Carrie!

    Thanks so much for featuring my book for Waiting on Wednesday. I'm so honored!
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. The story sounds great! Not big fan of the cover tho, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm looking forward to this one too, but I have to say I don't really love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The cover is much prettier in person, all. I promise! It's better than pretty, actually.

    It's gorgeous with mucho special effects. Take a look when it's out!
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love cover. I think it captures the gothic fell perfectly. It makes me think of the cemetaries I toured in New Orleans.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's what I figured, Carrie. Kind of Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil but prettier. I know it's very different from most YA covers, but the publisher is expecting a large crossover audience and they really wanted this cover to stand apart.

    Plus, those are real Gothic gravestone statues, which *is* kinda cool.
    ;)

    All that said, covers, like books, are subjective, so I totally respect the opinions of those who may not like it!
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. I use the word stoked all the time talking about books, you're not alone:)The whole idea for this sounds so mysterious and foreboding. I bet nobody uses the word foreboding lol :) That's what i get for reading an insane amount of books. I'll sometimes spout out a vocab word I didn't even know I knew...I'm excited that this is a series too!

    ReplyDelete