Monday, March 16, 2009

Kingdom Keepers by Ridley Pearson

Well, here I am in sunny Orlando and the weather is great, my feet are killing me and boy is it crowded. I love it though. It's so much fun being here and basking in the Disney glow. I'm still reading Graceling. I haven't had much time the last few days to read, but I'm anxious to get back to it, because it's so good. My sister and I took a little break tonight after a long day at Disney's Hollywood Studios. We figured we'd stay in tonight since we have an extra long day at Epcot planned for tomorrow.

I've really missed blogging since I've been here though. In such a short time, it's become a huge part of my life. So, I figured I'd bring a little Disney action your way with two books which I think capture the magic of Walt Disney World completely.


Ridley Pearson has two books in his Kingdom Keepers series, which are mysteries that take part in the parks here in Orlando. The main characters are kids who have been turned into hologram hosts for the Magic Kingdom. Something goes wrong with the software though and they start to come to the parks after closing in the form of their holograms. Why are they being brought to the parks? Well, there's a war going on in the Magic Kingdom and they have to fight to protect it. The Overtakers are the bad guys. They are the Disney villains come to life led by the evil Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty.


Crazy things happen when the lights go out at the parks. The animatronics on the rides start coming to life and the kids soon find themselves running for their lives from the Pirates of the Caribbean and the dolls from It's a Small World among others.


There's a lot of insider stuff about the parks and who hasn't dream of having the parks all to themselves at one time or another. The second book takes place in Disney's Animal Kingdom where the Overtakers are up to their old tricks.


I love these books. Pearson of course knows how to write a good mystery. They read fast and are a lot of fun and that's not just because I'm a Disney addict. They aren't YA; they're for younger readers, but if you are at all interested in the magic of Disney, then these are a great choice.
I'll be posting more when I get home. I'm going to try to do a Waiting on Wednesday post tomorrow, so we'll see.

2 comments:

  1. I love the cover for Kingdom Keepers! Although it is geared for younger readers, I still think it sound interesting because of the insider stuff.

    Hope you enjoy Florida and Disney World! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah I am envying you right now! I miss Disney World, I've only been there once in my life.

    The book looks good. =)

    ReplyDelete