Friday, April 24, 2009

Operation Retirement Rescue (2) --Sweep series by Cate Tiernan


The Sweep series is by Cate Tiernan. Originally published in 2001, the first book in the series is entitled Book of Shadows. Here's the synopsis:

Morgan and her best friend, Bree, are introduced to Wicca when a gorgeous senior named Cal invites them to join his new coven. Morgan falls for Cal immediately- and discovers that she has strong,inexplicable powers.

Okay, this series has basically already been rescued from retirement, but it is still worth a look. I read these books the first time around with their sort of cheesy mass market covers. This is a great series. I highly recommend them to basically anyone who loves a great story that captures you from the get-go. Also, they fit in perfectly with the new round of supernatural titles available out there.

They've been re-released in a trade size with pretty cool new covers(pictured). It's a lengthy series, 13 books in all I believe, but they read really quickly and are completely addictive. Go get them, read them, and love them. My sister recently started reading them again and she says they still hold up. I plan to dive back in when I get the time. They really are a lot of fun.

Operation Retirement Rescue is brought to you by Adele AKA Persnickety Snark.

6 comments:

  1. That sounds really good and the cover is cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the first two books in this series, though I haven't read them yet. I look forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh glad this is out of retirement, it looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got two awards! Go check out my blog! http://amazeofbooks.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this series except for the final book which was set years later. I wish she had just left it at the original ending.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rebecca,

    I agree with you. I don't know why she released that last book. It was weird and really not needed. I love the original series though. So great!!

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete