Monday, April 13, 2009

City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare


Here's the description:

Clary Fray just wishes that her life would go back to normal. But what's normal when you're a demon-slaying Shadowhunter, your mother is in a magically induced coma, and you can suddenly see Downworlders like werewolves, vampires, and faeries? If Clary left the world of the Shadowhunters behind, it would mean more time with her best friend, Simon, who's becoming more than a friend. But the Shadowhunting world isn't ready to let her go -- especially her handsome, infuriating, newfound brother, Jace. And Clary's only chance to help her mother is to track down rogue Shadowhunter Valentine, who is probably insane, certainly evil -- and also her father. To complicate matters, someone in New York City is murdering Downworlder children. Is Valentine behind the killings -- and if he is, what is he trying to do? When the second of the Mortal Instruments, the Soul-Sword, is stolen, the terrifying Inquisitor arrives to investigate and zooms right in on Jace. How can Clary stop Valentine if Jace is willing to betray everything he believes in to help their father? In this breathtaking sequel to City of Bones, Cassandra Clare lures her readers back into the dark grip of New York City's Downworld, where love is never safe and power becomes the deadliest temptation.

Review:

I read City of Bones right after it came out which seems like a long time ago now. I bought City of Ashes and yet I let it sit on my pile all this time and I have to admit I sort of forgot about it. I wish I had picked it up sooner. I loved City of Bones, but I think this one was better than the first. The characters are so well-developed and entering their world felt like going home again.

Clare creates such a believable and incredible environment that you can't help but fall in love with these books. I told my friend Chelsea at work today that I prefer these books to the Twilight saga. Is that blasphemous? What do you guys think? I love the action in these books and the relationships are just so real that you truly feel for these characters. And Simon...oh Simon, I really love him; he just seems like the nicest guy in the world. I find these books fascinating and I enjoy every moment of reading them. In fact, I found myself reading slower in order to make it last longer.

I promise I won't let City of Glass sit around forever. I have to read it and soon. I look forward to everything that Clare does in the future.

Why did I wait so long?!

7 comments:

  1. Yey, you read it! It's such a good book, and I think Glass is even better!

    I love this series, but not more than Twilight. In fact, I don't love any book more than Twilight, lol. But hey.. that's obsession for ya! :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love these! I totally prefer them to Twilight ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer them to Twilight too :) I read City of Ashes and City of Glass in the last two weeks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like them better than Twilight as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. City of Glass is most deffinately the best in the trilogy but Ashes is excelent too

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have City of Ashes sitting on my pile waiting to be read. I can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhhhh, I have to wait till it's realeased here in Spain cause I have the first one in Spanish and I don't want one in each language!!!
    I'm going crazy, I want to read it*

    ReplyDelete