Thursday, April 9, 2009

How Kim Harrison Made My Day!!


So there I was at work, feeling all sorry for myself, because all I had to look forward to was a night full of homework. Woe is me. So, I walk back to the back room of our store feeling gloomy and my friend Chelsea tells me she has some good news for me. We actually received some YA ARCs today, which hasn't happened in quite a long while.

Am I excited?! Hell yes! My excitement turned to sheer glee though when I saw that one of the fabulous ARCs was Once Dead, Twice Shy by Kim Harrison. Woo hoo!! I love Kim Harrison and I've been waiting for this one. I'm so happy. I even did a little happy dance, until Chelsea told me to stop (I think I was scaring her).

So that's my good news for the day. I also picked up a couple more ARCs which I'll mention in my IMM post on Sunday. By the way a review for City of Ashes is imminent, but it might be a day or two. I have class all day Saturday and I still have some homework to finish. Thank the Gods that this semester is almost over. Now that's something to dance about.

15 comments:

  1. I am so jealous! I want this book so bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! I love Kim Harrison.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wow! Congrats--a book in the mail (particularly an ARC) always brightens my day! (:

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Getting a book is a great pick-me-up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh this is a fabu book...can't wait to see what you think about it

    ReplyDelete
  6. woo hoo yay! *jumps up and down for you* 8)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh this would have made my day too! This book looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a wonderful surprise!! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woo hoo! So jealous. I've been wanting to get my hands on a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lol!:-D
    Books always cheer up my day, especially if its an arc.
    -amy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really want to read this one too. It looks good, and the cover is fab. I haven't read anything by Kim Harrison yet.

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  12. You'll be even happier to know that she mentioned you on her blog: http://kimharrison.net/z5.htm

    Lucky you!

    I finished reading ODTS a couple days ago, and will have my review up soon. I can't wait to see what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brooke....That's soooo awesome. Thanks for pointing that out to me. I love Kim Harrison and she seems like such a cool person. I'm hoping to take a trek to meet her this summer.

    Thanks again

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your so lucky to read it early!!
    i love kim harrisons books

    ReplyDelete