Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Waiting on Wesnesday (32)--This World We Live In by Susan Beth Pfeffer


Release Date: April 1, 2010 from Harcourt Children's Books

Synopsis:

It's been a year since a meteor collided with the moon, catastrophically altering the earth’s climate. For Miranda Evans life as she knew it no longer exists. Her friends and neighbors are dead, the landscape is frozen, and food is increasingly scarce.

The struggle to survive intensifies when Miranda’s father and stepmother arrive with a baby and three strangers in tow. One of the newcomers is Alex Morales, and as Miranda’s complicated feelings for him turn to love, his plans for his future thwart their relationship. Then a devastating tornado hits the town of Howell, and Miranda makes a decision that will change their lives forever.


I love this series!!! And I am so glad that we are getting back to Miranda's story, while including Alex at the same time. It's about time these two incredible characters meet. These books are two of the most heartbreakingly beautiful books I've ever read. Pfeffer has a gift and I cannot wait to see that gift at work once again. Can't wait!!!!

9 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you Wow-ed this! I saw this series in Borders but couldn't remember the name and was driving me crazy! Yay. Going to have to get these! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Yes! Yes! I can't wait for this book to come out. The second book is still in my TBR pile, but I know I'll want to read this one because it ties to the first one. That book as just stuck with me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great "Waiting On" choice. I loved Life As We Knew It and just ordered The Dead and the Gone because I couldn't find a used copy. When this one comes out I won't bother to even try the trade sites, I'm just going to buy it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great choice! I'm really looking forward to this. I loved the other two books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Argh! Can't wait! I still have to read The Dead and the Gone, but I just LOVED Life As We Knew It. I was just bawling for the last third.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely loved Life as We Knew It and I have just got my hands on The Dead and the Gone. I am so pleased to hear the author is bringing both characters together. I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice pick! I loved the first book, I still have to read The Dead and The Gone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 2010! I just picked up Life As We Knew It. Didn't realize the long wait for this book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so anxious for this book!! It doesn't help that I just re-read the first two books either. Such good stories.

    ReplyDelete