Monday, September 14, 2009

Once a Witch by Carolyn MacCullough


Release Date: Available Now from Clarion Books!!

Synopsis:

Tamsin Greene comes from a long line of witches, and she was supposed to be one of the most Talented among them. But Tamsin's magic never showed up. Now seventeen, Tamsin attends boarding school in Manhattan, far from her family. But when a handsome young professor mistakes her for her very Talented sister, Tamsin agrees to find a lost family heirloom for him. The search—and the stranger—will prove to be more sinister than they first appeared, ultimately sending Tamsin on a treasure hunt through time that will unlock the secret of her true identity, unearth the sins of her family, and unleash a power so vengeful that it could destroy them all. This is a spellbinding display of storytelling that will exhilarate, enthrall, and thoroughly enchant.

This was such a great book!! Tamsin is a completely believable and likable character. Everyone has at one time or another felt life they didn't belong anywhere. Everyone has felt like they don't fit in with their family at some point in their lives, which makes Tamsin so relatable. I could feel how alone she was, because MacCullough's writing captured it perfectly.

This was a fantastic quick read, which was one part supernatural, one part romance, and one part good ol'fashioned mystery. I loved it. And Gabriel is my new literary fangirl crush. Plus, I loved the whole time travel element. I can't wait to read more about the Greene family and I do believe there is a sequel planned, so I am excited.

I completely recommend this book. I was starting to get a little tired of the supernatural stuff, but Once a Witch pulled me back in. Thanks Carolyn for catching my attention and keeping me reading.

9 comments:

  1. Sounds fantastic! I can't wait to read this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just got a copy on the weekend and i can't wait to start it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been waiting impatiently to read this. It sounds awesome. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great review. I really want to read this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this book :) I can't wait for Always A Witch - due out next year

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is there a sequel to this book? OMG?!?! w00t!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this sounds like a good one for the halloween season.

    BTW: you've just been awarded...
    http://vvb32reads.blogspot.com/2009/09/zombie-chicken-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sounds like a very enjoyable read and one that I will be checking out. Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. man! awesome review! Def getting this sometime this week!

    ReplyDelete