Saturday, September 12, 2009

In My Mailbox (29)------Woo Hoo!!!

First things first, In My Mailbox is brought to you by Kristi, AKA The Story Siren.

So, I was having the slowest week of all time, but that's okay, because I'm super busy with work and school. Then I came home on Friday all tired and ready for the weekend and I walked into the house to two lovely packages sitting in my living room.
Two packages....three books I am incredibly pumped to read.

Viola In Reel Life by Adriana Trigiani


Release Date: Available Now from HarperTeen

Synopsis:

I'm marooned.

Abandoned.

Left to rot in boarding school . . .

Viola doesn't want to go to boarding school, but somehow she ends up at an all-girls school in South Bend, Indiana, far, far away from her home in Brooklyn, New York. Now Viola is stuck for a whole year in the sherbet-colored sweater capital of the world.

Ick.

There's no way Viola's going to survive the year—especially since she has to replace her best friend Andrew with three new roommates who, disturbingly, actually seem to like it there. She resorts to viewing the world (and hiding) behind the lens of her video camera.

Boarding school, though, and her roommates and even the Midwest are nothing like she thought they would be, and soon Viola realizes she may be in for the most incredible year of her life.

But first she has to put the camera down and let the world in.


I'm very excited to read this one. It looks fantastic.

These next two books....well, I'll admit, I begged for them from Penguin, but that was ages ago, so I assumed I wasn't getting them. I literally squealed when I opened the package and saw finished copies of both.

ArchEnemy by Frank Beddor


Release Date: October 15, 2009 from Dial

Synopsis:

Discover the fate of Wonderland- and imagination itself- in this riveting conclusion to the New York Times bestselling trilogy.
The Heart CrystalĂ‚’s power has been depleted, and Imagination along with it. The people of Wonderland have all lost their creative drive, and most alarmingly, even Queen Alyss is without her powers. There is some comfort in the fact that the vicious Redd Heart seems to be similarly disabled. Amazingly, she is attempting to team up with her enemy, Alyss, in order to reclaim Wonderland from King Arch. Alyss might have no choice but to accept ReddĂ‚’s overtures, especially when she begins to receive alarming advice from the caterpillar oracles.

Page-turning and complex, this culmination of the Wonderland saga is intensely satisfying.


This is one of my fave series of all time, so I am thrilled to have this in my hot little hands. YAY!!!!

Fire by Kristin Cashore

Release Date: October 5, 2009 from Dial

Synopsis:

She is the last of her kind...

It is not a peaceful time in the Dells. In King City, the young King Nash is clinging to the throne, while rebel lords in the north and south build armies to unseat him. War is coming. And the mountains and forest are filled with spies and thieves. This is where Fire lives, a girl whose beauty is impossibly irresistible and who can control the minds of everyone around her.

Exquisitely romantic, this companion to the highly praised Graceling has an entirely new cast of characters, save for one person who plays a pivotal role in both books. You don't need to have read Graceling to love Fire. But if you haven't, you'll be dying to read it next.


Graceling is one of the best things I've read in a very long time, so imagine my happiness when this book appeared. And it's gorgeous. I think the cover is even more beautiful than the Graceling cover.

So there you have it. Maybe not the best week quantity wise, but as far as quality....pretty unbeatable.

15 comments:

  1. Viola In Reel Life sounds pretty awesome. I'll wait to see what you think about it. Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Fire is even better than Graceling. And that cover. Wow - I couldn't stop staring at it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frank Beddor sent me ArchEnemy this week too. I was so excited to get it. Can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! You have some great books. I have the first 2 books in the Looking Glass Wars series, although I haven't read them yet. I've not read Graceling yet either, but have it on my wishlist.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh I am jealous over Arch-Enemy, I loved the first two books and can't wait for the next one!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Talk about a good end to the week! Fire looks really good. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome week! Everything looks amazing! Enjoy :-) Can't wait to read your reviews! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a nice week. I like Viola in reel life and Fire. Enjoy the books!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Woooot excellent books! I love Frank Beddor's series as well and can't wait until ArchEnemy comes out!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, all three look awesome (especially Fire!!).

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm really excited to read Viola in Reel Life, so enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey you had a great week!! FIRE is amazing. I know you will enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  13. All of these look good! I'm *really* getting excited about Fire now. Great week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Viola and Fire both sound really good!

    ReplyDelete