Thursday, September 17, 2009

Out of the Nursery by Elizabeth Gauthier


Release Date: Available Now from Frog Legs Ink

Synopsis:

An egg on a wall....a family in a shoe, sure it sounds familiar but haven t you ever wondered what happened next? Out of the Nursery is a fun twist on some old favorites whose endings may just surprise you yet. Paired with quick rhymes and whimsical drawings this fun collection is bound to become a story-time staple.

Since I'm working in an elementary library now, I'm always looking for interesting new picture books to share with my students. Even the 5th graders prefer picture books in my school, so I was thrilled when I was contacted to review Out of the Nursery.

This is a really delightful book with a great premise. It takes classic nursery rhymes and twists them around putting a completely new spin on them. The black and white illustrations are fun and whimsical and capture the magic of the verses.

I can't wait to take this one to school and share it with my students. It's a great way to get them thinking about fractured fairy tales and how to create their own spins on classic stories and rhymes.

I look forward to the author's next book which comes out in 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment