Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Can't Wait For Whip It!!!!


I just saw on TV (during Glee) that there's a sneak preview Saturday night of Whip It, which is probably one of my most highly anticipated movies. First of all, it's about Roller Derby, which I love. Our local derby league are the Kansas City Roller Warriors and they are some badass ladies.

Secondly, the movie stars Drew Barrymore, who I adore. It always amazes me that we are the same age, because it seems like she's been around forever (oh wait, she has). She's so awesome!!

Thirdly, this spectacular-looking movie is based on a YA novel originally titled Derby Girl, now renamed Whip It. The book is written by Shauna Cross and I'm reading it right now and can tell you that it is fantabulous.

So, I guess we all know what I'll be doing Saturday night.


11 comments:

  1. Ah! This movie looks hilarious!! I love Drew Barrymore! I totally want to see this movie too!!

    -Arielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun! I wonder if they have n early showing near me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait either! I love seeing stars from my time (Drew and Juliette) still looking awesome and kicking butt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This movie definitely looks good, I'll be going to see if for sure

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the first time I heard about this film (disadvantages of living in Spain) but I'll try to find more info about it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I ordered the book the other day, it sounds great! There's no UK release date for the film yet :/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some times I read your blog and wonder if we're the same person. We have very similar tastes in things. :) Also, we're the same age apparently. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'd like to second that! It looks awesome! Drew Barrymore is awesome, too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carrie, I saw that you are giving away the Maximum Ride books and I entered!

    I just started a new feature on my blog called Friday's Contest Central where people can enter their giveaways with a link back to the giveaway. Stop by for a visit and check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It may get labeled as a "chick flick," but I am unapologetic in looking forward to this movie.

    ReplyDelete