Friday, December 11, 2009

Fade Out (Morganville Vampires, Book 7) by Rachel Caine


Release Date: Available Now from Signet

Source: From Publisher

Synopsis:

Without the evil vampire Bishop ruling over the town of Morganville, the resident vampires have made major concessions to the human population. With their newfound freedoms, Claire Danvers and her friends are almost starting to feel comfortable again...

Now Claire can actually concentrate on her studies, and her friend Eve joins the local theatre company. But when one of Eve's castmates goes missing after starting work on a short documentary, Eve suspects the worst. Claire and Eve soon realize that this film project, whose subject is the vampires themselves, is a whole lot bigger-and way more dangerous-than anyone suspected.


This is the first Morganville book for me. I was sent the first two in one volume and I believe I also have book six. I was going to go back and start from the beginning, because I hate starting a series in the middle, but with my current TBR pile that just wasn't feasible. So, there I went jumping in feet first with book
7.

With most series, I would have felt completely lost, but Fade Out was really easy to get into and although I was missing some key plot points, I caught up quickly and really liked it. I think the fact that it was so addictively readable made up for my lack of background knowledge.

I basically want to pick up and move to Morganville now. I love Claire and her pals and I love all the trouble that they find themselves in. I really enjoyed the character of Amelie although she really creeps me out at the same time. I've found that many of my favorite literary characters are also rather creepy, so she's in good company.

Do I recommend this book? Oh hellz yeah, if I can start 7 books in and love a book this much, then it is definitely a series worth reading. When I'm able to, I'll be going back to the beginning to read about all that I've missed so far. I'm really excited that I'm now all ready for book 8, Kiss of Death, which comes out in May. Keep them coming Rachel Caine!!

No comments:

Post a Comment