Saturday, July 25, 2009

In My Mailbox (23)

As always, In My Mailbox is brought to you by Kristi, AKA The Story Siren. Seeing what she got in her mailbox is one of the highlights of my week, so go check it out.

I got a few books in the mail this week, so let's get started:

For review:

Rough Magic by Caryl Cude Mullin

Release Date: Oct. 1, 2009 from Second Story Press

Synopsis:

Follow the interwoven stories of two girls and one woman, their lives all tied to the enigmatic figure of Caliban, the character first introduced by Shakespeare in The Tempest, his famous play of love, loyalty, and magic. Caliban is the strange, half-wild man Prospero and Miranda discovered on an island after being shipwrecked. Rough Magic forms both prequel and sequel, telling the stories of the sorceress Sycorax, Caliban's mother; Miranda's daughter Chiara, who becomes like a daughter to Caliban; and Calypso, a magical young woman with ties to them all. All three must fight against a world that sees magic as evil and uses women as political pawns. Finally, it is the island and its power that draws them all back, demanding amends from the humans who have exploited its natural wonders. A spellbinding story that combines an old-fashioned tale of dragons, shipwrecks, adventure, and sacrifice, with an inspiring message of the earth's power and our environmental responsibility.

From Contest:

Airhead by Meg Cabot
I won this from Willowe at Readings of a Teenage Tree. Thanks Willowe!!!

Purchased from Amazon:

Faery Rebels by R.J. Anderson
and
Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay!! I got my copy of Shiver!! I am sooooo completely excited for this one and it's so shiny and new and pretty. I must shout YAY repeatedly.

So, that's it for me this week. Yet another relatively slow week, but that's a-okay, because I am super busy getting ready for my new job and I have a ton of books to read already.

Can't wait to see what everyone else got this week.

20 comments:

  1. You've got a cool batch! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice books...Shiver is soooo good! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool books. Rough Magic sounds interesting. I will have to check it out. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rough Magic sounds really g ood. And I absolutely cannot wait to read Shiver - I have to get to a bookstore pronto!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky about Shiver! Enjoy it for me! ;P

    Rough Magic sounds awesome, I love the tempest! MUST read it!

    xoxoxo

    ~Readergirl Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had a great week!
    I really want to read Shiver!
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Airhead is REALLY good and Shiver sounds amazing. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome, you got Shiver. Oooo the cover is totally rockin' on Rough Magic. lol. It sounds really good too. Great week and enjoy. My IMM is up to if you wanna look.

    ~Briana

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know, my amazon wishlist is 7 pages long now, and these IMM posts always increase that. haha!

    I am so adding ROUGH MAGIC to my list. That sounds great - and I love the cover for some reason!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice books! I'm curious on your thoughts on Rough Magic. It looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the purchased books, they both are great ones.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for Shiver! Rough Magic looks interesting, I hadn't heard of it before. Happy reading

    ReplyDelete
  13. Some interesting sounding books!! Have fun!

    http://booknerdextraordinaire.blogspot.com/2009/07/in-my-mailbox-38.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Can't wait to hear what you think of Shiver. Very excited for that one!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yay for Shiver-I hope you love it!

    I haven't seen Rough Magic-looks interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome books you got this week, Airhead should be good. Hope you enjoy reading all your books.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just got a gift card for B&N and the first thing I will use it on is Shiver! :D

    -Briana

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great books! Enjoy and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  19. love that cover! sounds good! happy reading!

    ReplyDelete