Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday


For my first Waiting on Wednesday post, I decided to go outside the realm of YA and look at a sci/fi series that I love. The Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs is fantastic. I read a few paranormal authors like Kim Harrison and Charlaine Harris, and Briggs is at the top of my list of favorites. This is the description for the new book, which is 4th in the series.

New in the #1 New York Times bestselling urban fantasy series.

In a world where “witches, vampires, werewolves, and shape-shifters live beside ordinary people” (Booklist), it takes a very unusual woman to call it home. By day, Mercy Thompson is a car mechanic in Eastern Washington. By night, she explores her preternatural side. As a shape-shifter with some unusual talents, Mercy’s found herself maintaining a tenuous harmony between the human and the not-so- human on more than one occasion. This time she may get more than she bargained for.

In Mercy, Briggs has created an interesting and compelling character that I just can't get enough of. I highly recommend checking this one out. It will be on shelves Tuesday, Feb. 3. It's the first hardcover in the series. I love it when authors I love start to catch on with other readers. I've also posted the cover art. The covers are always great for these books.

Waiting on Wednesday was created by Jill at http://breakingthespine.blogspot.com/

1 comment: