Monday, January 26, 2009

Jellicoe Road


I think it's only fitting that my first post is for the book Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta. After all, I just found out that it won the Printz award today from the ALA. I picked this book up a few days ago, because I'd read some reviews of it on other YA blogs that I follow. Once I picked it up, I couldn't put it down.


I've never really read anything quite like it before. I was instantly drawn in by the story of Taylor Markham and her quest to discover her history and to find a future. She's a truly compelling character as are all of the other characters that inhabit this world.


I've always been a fan of Australian authors and Marchetta is another one to add to my list. I've already picked up her other two books and look forward to reading them. Of course, I have to make it through a pile of other books first. Congrats to Melina Marchetta on her win. Okay, this is an abbreviated post, because I have to go eat some shells and cheese now, but my next will be longer I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment