Wednesday, February 25, 2009

You Are So Undead To Me by Stacey Jay

Megan Berry is a zombie settler. What does this mean? Well, for one thing, it's almost impossible to lead a normal life when zombies are constantly showing up on your doorstep looking for help. Megan is trying as hard as she can though to be normal. She's finally found a date for homecoming and she's getting ready for the big pom squad try-outs.

However, when zombies start showing up with murder rather than therapy on their minds, Megan has a mystery to solve. She has to find out who is raising these zombies to kill her and she'll need the help of zombie settler extraordinaire, Ethan, who just so happens to be drop dead gorgeous.


Can Megan find the would-be killer? Will Ethan choose her over snotty pom squad captain/zombie settler Monica? Will she even make it to try-outs alive? You'll have to read the book to find out.


I thought this book was really well written. It was funny and had some clever plot twists that really kept me guessing. It had almost an Anita Blake (Laurell K. Hamilton) feel to it, which is always good. This is almost what I would imagine Anita's teen years were like, perhaps with less dancing though and more killing.


All in all, this was a great addition to the zombie craze that is apparently sweeping the nation. I'm just so glad that the undead are finally getting their due.

6 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read this book. It's in my TBR pile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, more zombies! Cool. This one sounds fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read this book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a really good book. Ah how I love zombies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes, Diana, I love those zombies, too. I'm so glad that zombies are the new vampires.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess everyone liked this more than I did!

    ReplyDelete