Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Dust of 100 Dogs by A.S. King--Believe the Hype!!


So, I just finished reading The Dust of 100 Dogs by A.S. King. I'd been reading about it for awhile on various blogs and was really looking forward to its release. Here's the description from the back of the book.


In the late seventeenth century, famed teenage pirate Emer Morrisey was on the cusp of escaping the pirate life with her one true love and unfathomable riches when she was slain and cursed with "the dust of one hundred dogs," dooming her to one hundred lives as a dog before returning to a human body-with her memories intact.

Now she's a contemporary American teenager and all she needs is a shovel and a ride to Jamaica.


Let me tell you, I was most definitely not disappointed. This book grabbed me from the first page, the first sentence really. I loved Saffron/Emer. She was a completely readable character and her story was fascinating. This was unlike anything I've ever read before. It was original and there were pirates....I mean, how cool is that. Who doesn't love pirates? And as a lover of all things Irish, I was interested in the story of Cromwell and Ireland.


I can't recommend this book enough. If you like adventure, it's there. If you like the supernatural, it's there. If you like love stories...well, that's there, too. And if you just like a good story about a girl overcoming obstacles, I promise you will love The Dust of 100 Dogs.


I can't wait to see what King comes up with next.

1 comment:

  1. This book looks so good! I can't wait to read it

    http://lookatthatbook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete