Saturday, June 5, 2010

Ten Unusual Features of Lulu McDunn by Kelly Pulley


Release Date: July 1, 2010 from Frog Legs Ink

Source: From Publisher

Synopsis:

Miss Lulu Dunn, with her ten unusual features, will not only make you laugh but warm your heart as she teaches a lesson all children should learn, to celebrate the things that make us unique.


I've been trying to keep more up to date with picture books, especially since I'm in an elementary library. I think it's important to find new, different books that will reach the students. It's so much easier for me to choose young readers, middle grade, or young adult, but with picture books, I tend to struggle. There are just so many great titles out there, it's hard to know what to choose.

This is another of those great titles. Lulu McDunn is different from other people and this book show you exactly why she's so different and in the end, exactly why those differences don't matter.

This is a great book for teaching kids to embrace what's unique about them and also to accept what's unique about others. It's full of wonderfully eye-catching illustrations and is written in verse, which I know for a fact that kids love. It was an easy read and would be a great quick read aloud with a lot of potential for lessons.

This one is highly recommended and come fall, I'll be buying a copy to share with my students.

1 comment:

  1. I love the sound of this book! Sounds like it could be something for my soon to be 5 year old :)

    ReplyDelete