Saturday, April 3, 2010

In My Mailbox (51)


As always, In My Mailbox is brought to you by Kristi, AKA The Story Siren.

This is two week's worth of In My Mailbox and there's quite a bit of stuff, so no pics or descriptions, just titles and authors. And away we go:

For Review:

Earth Day set from Harpercollins including:

Biscuit's Earth Day Celebration by Alyssa Satin Capucilli

Fancy Nancy: Every Day is Earth Day by Jane O'Connor

Global Warming by Seymour Simon

Where Do Polar Bears Live? by Sarah L. Thomson

Roberto & Me by Dan Gutman

Tess' Tree by Jess M. Brallier


Poetry Month Set from Harpercollins including:

A Light in the Attic by Shel Silverstein

The Wonder Book by Amy Krouse Rosenthal

Fancy Nancy: Poet Extraordinaire by Jane O'Connor

Time You Let Me In (25 Poets Under 25) edited by Naomi Shihab Nye

Hip Hop Dog by Chris Raschka


And two other books that I can't think of, because I took them to work to read and left them there this weekend. I'll add them to next week's list. I have to say that I'm thrilled that Harper has started sending me more kids books. They always give me great ideas of stuff to do in the classroom. So thank you Harpercollins and feel free to keep the kids books coming.

A Conspiracy of Kings by Megan Whalen Turner

The Snowball Effect by Holly Nicole Hoxter

She Thief by Daniel Finn

The Gardener by S. A. Bodeen

Morpheus Road: The Light by D.J. MacHale



Purchased:

North by Northwestern by Sig Hansen
A Small Free Kiss in the Dark by Glenda Millard
Keep Sweet by Michele Dominguez Greene
Voices of Dragons by Carrie Vaughn
The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting
Silver Borne by Patricia Briggs
Frankenstein Makes a Sandwich by Adam Rex
Frankenstein Takes the Cake by Adam Rex
The Poison Eaters by Holly Black
Guardian of the Dead by Karen Healey
The Baby-Sitters Club: Claudia and the Phantom Phone Calls by Ann M. Martin
The Baby-Sitters Club: Kristy's Great Idea by Ann M. Martin
The Baby-Sitters Club: The Summer Before by Ann M. Martin

Kingdom Keepers III: Disney In Shadow by Ridley Pearson (YAY!!)
Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder
Epitaph Road by David Patneaude
Birthmarked by Caragh M. O'Brien

10 comments:

  1. I just read The Snowball Effect and really enjoyed it. Hope you do too, and great books you got! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you got loads of stuff this week! Enjoy them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow lots of great stuff listed there! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! you really got a great haul this week!!=) Impressive!!



    Enjoy your reads this week!!
    Chasity @
    Lovin' & Livin' Life in the 808

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm currently reading the Gardener and loving it. Hope you are too. Happy Reading, Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I seriously do not know where to start on this mammoth IMM, seriously, got got enough books to rival a bookstore you little fiend. I love poetry so its so cool that you got some poetry books!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great books this week! I'll have to look for the new Biscuit book. I think they are cute and my students love him. I got Silver Borne for myself this week too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've got a lot of fantastic books to read. I've been hearing so many good things about The Body Finder that I may end up buying that one myself instead of waiting for it at the library. I hope you enjoy your reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, that is alot. I hope that you will enjoy your books. Here's mine.

    ReplyDelete