Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday (41)--Magic Under Glass by Jaclyn Dolamore


Release Date: December 22, 2009 from Bloomsbury USA Children's Books

Synopsis:

Nimira is a foreign music-hall girl forced to dance for mere pennies. When wealthy sorcerer Hollin Parry hires her to sing with a piano-playing automaton, Nimira believes it is the start of a new and better life. In Parry's world, however, buried secrets are beginning to stir. Unsettling below-stairs rumors swirl about ghosts, a madwoman roaming the halls, and Parry's involvement with a league of sorcerers who torture fairies for sport. Then Nimira discovers the spirit of a fairy gentleman named Erris is trapped inside the clockwork automaton, waiting for someone to break his curse. The two fall into a love that seems hopeless, and breaking the curse becomes a race against time, as not just their love, but the fate of the entire magical world may be in peril.

I think this sounds fantastic and I love the cover. "..fate of the entire magical world may be in peril." ?! Awesome!!

1 comment:

  1. I love the cover of this book. I won an arc - I was so freaking excited - and hope to read it this month! I won't be posting a full review until it is published, but I'll do a quick mini blurb about it! Great pick!! :)

    ReplyDelete