Sunday, November 22, 2009

Author Signing--Jennifer Brown--The Hate List



Yesterday, I ventured a few short miles from my house to the Borders in Lee's Summit, MO to go see Jennifer Brown sign copies of The Hate List. I took my ARC and bought a lovely finished copy as well.

Jennifer was completely awesome and just about the nicest person I've met in quite awhile. I asked her about her next book and she said she has something coming out in Spring 2011. Needless to say, I totally can't wait. You know what else?! She reads my blog. I've been feeling all overwhelmed with my TBR list of review books. Last week I was actually considering taking a blogging break, but meeting Jennifer made me excited about blogging again, so thank you for that Jennifer.

She also gave me a signed bookmark and two "Agent of Change" bracelets which I will totally be rockin' at work tomorrow. We are starting a new bullying campaign, so I'm hoping to make all of my students "Agents of Change".

The Hate List is one of my favorite books of the year. It's a fantastic and powerful read that I think should be required reading in high schools across the country. If you want to read my entire review, you can find it here.

4 comments:

  1. How awesome hon! I am hopping over to read your review now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I seriously just wanna cry right now. I live in Kansas City and I really wanted to see her last time but couldn't. I didn't even know of this event. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was wonderful to meet you, Carrie, and I was very excited to learn that you are in the KC area! Thank you so much for your support of Hate List!

    P.S. Bianca, there will be another signing at Barnes & Noble at Zona Rosa on Dec. 6th...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer, thank you for letting me know! I will try my best to make it. I know exactly where that is.

    ReplyDelete