Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday (38)--Green by Laura Peyton Roberts


Release Date: January 12, 2010 from Delacorte Books for Young Readers

Synopsis:

Turning thirteen starts off with a bang for Lily. Literally. A birthday present explodes on her porch . . . and soon after a trio of leprechauns (yes, leprechauns) appears in her bedroom. They whisk her away to a land of clover, piskies, a new friend, a cute boy, and lots of glimmering, glittering gold. A world of Green.

It turns out that Lily, like her grandmother before her, is next in line to be keeper for the Clan of Green, and in charge of all their gold. That is, if she passes three tests. And she has to pass them. Because if she doesn’t she may never get to go home again. She’ll be stuck with the Greens.

Forever.


Sounds adorable and who doesn't love leprechauns?!

5 comments:

  1. I love the cover and you're right, who doesn't love leprechauns

    here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG
    HOW COOL! I hadn't heard of this. Excellent pick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds great. And I've got enough Irish in me to love the mention of leprechauns!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds really fun. I wish I'd gotten something like that when I turned the big one three!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now there's a new one! Leprechauns...hope she doesn't fall in love with one though...ick.

    ReplyDelete