Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Waiting on Wednesday (25)--The Cupcake Queen by Heather Hepler


Release Date: September 17, 2009 from Dutton Juvenile

Synopsis:

A confection of a novel, combining big city sophistication with small town charm.
When her mother moves them from the city to a small town to open up a cupcake bakery, Penny’s life isn’t what she expected. Her father has stayed behind, and Mom isn’t talking about what the future holds for their family. And then there’s Charity, the girl who plays mean pranks almost daily. There are also bright spots in Hog’s Hollow—like Tally, an expert in Rock Paper Scissors, and Marcus, the boy who is always running on the beach. But just when it looks as though Penny is settling in, her parents ask her to make a choice that will turn everything upside down again. A sweet novel about love, creativity, and accepting life’s unexpected turns
.

I've seen this one on a few blogs here and there, and that delish cover always catches my eye. I can't seem to look away from those cupcakes. Not to mention, Heather Hepler is one half of the writing team that brought you Dream Factory, which I loved in all its Disneyesque glory. Needless to say, I can't wait for this one, although I think I'm gaining weight just looking at the cover.

Waiting on Wednesday is brought to you by Jill over at Breaking the Spine.

8 comments:

  1. I've already had this one on wishlist, and can't wait to read it myself.

    Good choice for a WoW!

    Here's mine this week :
    http://fallingofftheshelf.blogspot.com/2009/07/waiting-on-wednesday-july-22nd.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to have this. I am the Cupcake Queen in my little town. I have to have everything related to cupcakes. I shall definitely get this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this looks really good. I am a sucker for cupcake stuff. The cover is adorable. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked the books Heather Hepler co-wrote, so I'm excited for this one. :) The cover is so yummy looking! Great pick.

    - Alex

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean- I could eat that cover! By the way, was looking at your wishlist and they all sound good. The only one I've read there is Dragonfly by Julia Golding and that was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those pink cupcakes look as delicious as the book sounds. I'd like to take a bite into both!

    ReplyDelete